Harbor Point Animal Hospital is committed to making sure your pet has the best experience possible before, during, and after his or her visit to our hospital. Our goal is to provide excellent medical care while ensuring a low stress, enjoyable fear-free visit. We strive to make every visit as pleasant as possible to reduce any fear, stress, and anxiety that you or your pet may experience. We utilize our knowledge of pet body language and behavior and combine it with calming colors, appeasing pheromones, soothing music, highly palatable treats and more to achieve the Fear Free environment!
All of our veterinarians and most of our staff have become Fear Free Certified Professionals. Each of these team members have undergone in-depth training to be able to assist you and your pet for the best veterinary visit possible.
We hope to prove to you that we are truly passionate about fulfilling our mission and changing the way pets see the vet.
The following list of downloadable resources are available to you to help you better understand the Fear Free philosophy and how you can work together with your veterinary team to achieve a Fear Free experience for your pet. Articles are in PDF format and may require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view. You can download Acrobat Reader here.
- 10 Things That Make Fear Free Veterinary Visits Different
- 10 Things Your Veterinary Team Should Know About Your Pet
- Giving Medications to Your Pet: How to Put the "Treat" into Treatment
- How to Make the Trip to the Veterinary Hospital Fear Free
- How to Manage a Fear Free Return Home
- How to Pill your Pet with Kindness
- How to Prepare your Pet for a Veterinary Visit